Jython: How to import escaped Unicode and export utf-8?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 30 10:25:32 EDT 2001

Maurice Bauhahn <bauhahnm at clara.net> writes:

> My problem is importing such escapes from a file. Can you do that? I
> note also that you are using version 2.0 which is not documented to
> have the two hex character limitation.

Just have a look at Fredrik Lundh's example. He *did* load the strings
from a file using execfile.

I guess you'll have to supply an exact test case, with all the files
you've used, the file names you've given to them, the Jython version,
the JDK version, the operating system, your day of birth, and so on.
Otherwise, nobody can guess what you attempt to do, or why it fails
(assuming it does fail...)

Regards,
Martin