My First CGI Script

Ben Ocean zope at thewebsons.com
Sat Apr 28 12:21:02 EDT 2001

Thank you Sheila! I'll check that resource out!
BenO

From: Sheila King <sheila at s...>
Date: Sat Apr 28, 2001 6:51 am
Subject: Re: My First CGI Script

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:32:16 -0700, Ben Ocean <zope at t...> wrote
incomp.lang.python in article

<mailman.988393079.6823.python-list at p...
 >::If anyone has a simple cgi script they could share with me that does
:anything remotely similar to the needs I outline herein and the script I've
:cobbled together at the bottom of this email it would be appreciated!

You are welcome to look at my script, GypsyMail, which is here:
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/computers/software/gypsymail.html
Heck, maybe you'd rather use that than write your own?

:At 10:22 PM 4/26/2001 -0600, you wrote
::>Ben Ocean wrote
::> > **How do I capture the data?
:>:>What I normally do first is
:>:>form = cgi.FieldStorage()
:>:>That grabs all of the data from your form. Then, you
:>can grab the individual components of your form by
:>using it like a dictionary. (ie: form["name"], form["address"])
::I'm lucky. This first project is dirt-down simple. I don't care what the
:data is! I just need to get it to the client after the visitor enters it. I
:was designing a page to put up on the site, but perhaps it would just be
:easier to email the data to the client.

If all you want to do is retrieve the data entered from a file, and e-mail
itto a client, I guarantee that GypsyMail can do this.--Sheila King

http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/http://www.k12groups.org/--