why python annoys me

William Park parkw at better.net
Tue Apr 17 19:09:25 EDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 05:08:14PM -0500, Luke wrote:
> Python is an ugly language...
> Furthermore, the syntax and features of the language keep changing with
> every release.  For God's sake!  I regret ever buying programming python
> and learning python... I feel like they're already out of date.

I chose Python because of Perl's crazy syntax.  (I have no problem with
shell or awk, though.)  Python programs are infinitely more readable.
Now, I must admit that Python programs are becoming very tedious to
read.  But, this reflects on the illiterate programmer not the language.

--William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, 8 CPUs.
  Linux, python, LaTeX, vim, mutt