snack module (newt wrapper by Python)

Bruce Sass bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Apr 20 15:11:47 EDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I think you can get current sources as in SRPM format from
> RedHat, and in some other package format from Debian.

s/some other package format/standard unix archive formats/

Debian uses regular tarballs for source packages
(<package>.orig.tar.gz), any tweaks needed to get something to work
with the rest of Debian are in a separate <package>.diff file... none
of Debian's packages require anything more than ar, tar, and gzip to
get at the contents.

http://packages.debian.org/ is useful...
in this case "unstable" python-newt (snack) is based on newt-0.50.17,
and the primary source is ftp.redhat.com.

- Bruce