Adding optional 'explicit' declaration?

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 27 15:09:34 EDT 2001

Michael Prager <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov> wrote in
<e7tietg4afor8uim6iko4opg65f0qnghia at 4ax.com>:

>I don't have numbers for Python, but I have aided many
>colleagues in debugging Fortran programs.  The first thing I
>tell them is to add "implicit none" to every program unit and
>declare all variables; then come back to see me if the bug is
>not revealed.  They rarely come back.  To me, that indicates
>this is a real and common source of errors.

As you speak about fortran, our project is targeted to allow scientific
researchers to write physical experiment scripts (driving experimental
devices in a standard way), for them Python will be really a temporarly tool
(*) which will need support, and if we could make errors less frequents its
a good thing for us and for everibody.

A+

Laurent.

(*) Experiments are only a small part of their activity, after its more
result analysis and article writing/pulishing.