Test framework for Python

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Apr 13 13:45:34 EDT 2001

"Oliver Korpilla" <korpo at 01019freenet.de> wrote ...
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a test framework for usage with Python.
> It should be easy-to-use, well-documented and free. Additionally, of
> course, it should be able to test automatically, and give "neat little
> reports" for usage in tracking down bugs.

pyUnit will become a standard module with the 2.1 release. The reporting is
not bad.

> Besides, what would anyone recommend as profiling tools for Python to
> determine performance bottlenecks ?

There is a profile module in the standard library. I don't think much else
would be required.

> Is there a refactoring browser for Python available or in development?

I believe (on hearsay) that the PythonWorks product

    http://www.pythonware.com/products/works/

will eventually encompass a refactoring browser. A demonstrator was
apparently shown at the recent Python conference.

regards
 Steve