Importing wxPython under IDLE 0.5 fails though ok under raw python or pythonwin

Andy Bulka abulka at netspace.net.au
Mon Apr 16 03:03:36 EDT 2001

  import wxPython.wx    or
  import wxPython

works OK under the IDLE python shell
works OK in pythonwin
works OK when run under python or wpython (either interactively or by
script)

But it FAILS when run as a script from within IDLE 0.5 (I hit F5 to run).  I
have python 2. My wxPython folder is in e:\python20 which is in my path -
running  print sys.path  prior to doing the import confirms this. I noticed
a few people (found via google/deja) getting a similar problem, with
unresolved results.  What's with the silence on this?  Can anyone reproduce
this?  I get:

Traceback (innermost last)
  File "d:\my documents\aa python\testwximport.py", line 4, in ?
    import wxPython.wx
SystemError: C:\Code\python\dist\src\Objects\listobject.c:69: bad argument
to internal function

-Andy Bulka
Australia