Chocolate [was Re: Python Books for 2002]

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Wed Apr 11 11:31:35 EDT 2001

At 12:29 11/04/01 +0200, Alex Martelli wrote:
>Dunno 'bout Mexican Coke, but the US sure leads, in my book, on
>such staples as steaks, corn chips (particularly blue-corn ones),
>and tuna-salad sandwiches (for reasons that escape me, that
>insipid bread of yours seems _ideal_ to house a tuna-salad
>filling).

Many travellers that come to Brazil are surprised about Brazil's steaks
too. We have a variety here that we call "rodizio" where you are served as
much meat as you can take - grilled, sticks, barbecue, you call it -
several varieties are served on your table. No limit, fixed price - less
than US$ 8.00 in most cities (except Sao Paulo, everything is expensive in
SP). At work I'm used to guest consultants, mainly from the US, and it is
really funny to see them at lunch in a place like this - some of them eat
way too much to actually work in the afternoon.

BTW there are already some brazilian "rodizios" in NY and other cities
worldwide, but the price is *much* more expensive than in Brazil.

Carlos Ribeiro