ANNOUNCE: python-win32 mailing list

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at maxnm.com
Tue Apr 3 11:07:07 EDT 2001

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to host this list at SourceForge or on
> python.org ? After all, the subject is relevant to the Python core
> since Win32 is one of the major supported platforms.
>
> BTW: Please don't use Yahoo Groups for setting up discussion lists --
> their subscription mechanisms are far from being user friendly and
> their "privacy" conditions will probably not be liked by too many
> people either...

Well, I see people don't like Yahoo. But, I don't have any influence over
mail.python.org, and the Sourceforge lists from what I heard are pretty bad.
So unless mail.python.org or another acceptable host steps up, or I get
mailman running on one of my servers this is gonna stay on Yahoo. A list at
Yahoo is better than no list at all.

If in the future an alternate list location is found then moving the
subscribers list won't be too hard.

--
itamar at NOSPAMshtull-trauring.org  |  ASCIITUX T-Shirts:
http://itamarst.org               |  http://www.cafepress.com/asciitux