What's happening to mxODBC?

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Mon Apr 9 09:50:43 EDT 2001

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me if mxODBC is still available as open source,
free etc.
>From what I can gather on the http://www.lemburg.com-pages it's now gone
commercial
and commerical use requires a $150 license. Don't even know if it's
available for non-commercial use.

I thought this was a free package, with available source too, and I'm
starting to worry if this is going to happen to several of the most popular
packages available for python also, like PIL etc. ? ( once free then
suddenly commercial, expensive etc. ) It's all good and fine with commercial
support, but keep the packages free, at least in binary form.

Thomas