Musing out loud... [Why not Smalltalk?]

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Apr 20 12:44:13 EDT 2001

"Eric Clayberg" <clayberg at instantiations.com> wrote in message
news:9boa5n$ea6$1 at slb7.atl.mindspring.net...
> "Piercarlo Grandi" <pg_nh at sabi.Clara.co.UK> wrote in message
> news:yf3hezkihkz.fsf at sabi.ClaraNET.co.UK...

[snippety snip]

> > perhaps I should have mentioned this before: I have met Mario
> >     Wolczko long ago (but haven't seen him for a few years) and quite I
> >     liked him and his work
>
> Wow. That certainly lends credibility to your arguments. Should all of us
> list off the various experts and industry luminaries that we have met at
one
> time or another. Hey, I shook Bill Gates hand once. Does that count?

Well, I was Mario's Supervisor on both his B.Sc. and Ph.D. projects, and you
can take it from me that he is one sharp cookie. He produced the first UK
implementation of SmallTalk, and even in today's environment can still run
his original virtual image.

If Sun bought something to add to what Mario's team was working on, I would
assume it had definite and realisable value.

Not that my assumptions have any more credibility than the next old fart's.

regards
 Steve