Python Books for 2002

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Apr 5 13:57:13 EDT 2001

news:9ai305$so3$1 at panix2.panix.com...
<03BA7FF29A7003C0.58A7996FD1867709.07757E6DB814C605 at lp.airnews.net>,
> Cameron Laird <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >Here's a hazard of concision: it abbreviates sometimes to confusion.
> >I think a "40 page 'python in depth' treatise" would be *snapped up*
> >at retail, even at $10 or 20 US.  The market to which Fredrik is
> >apparently referring is that of either the publishers or distributors,
> >who find this sort of innovation anathema.
>
> Ever since I saw _Borland C++ for Dummies_, I have concluded that
> *nothing* is truly anathema to computer book publishers.

Yes, that is surely one of those books which should consist entirely of
blank pages. Nowadays, of course, it is considered elitist to claim not to
be a dummy. Next it will be "Nuclear Power Station Design for Dummies"
(although, remembering Three Mile Island, the operations staff clearly had
their own volume in that series).

regards
 Steve