Install MySQL + Python + Win2K

zc zenchm at usa.net
Sat Apr 7 10:06:10 EDT 2001

Thanks Gerhard !!!

It worked the first time.
This is waht I did (this is for all other newbies in my situation, that is:
Win2k + Python + MySQL-3.23.32)
Steps:
#1:  Download Python2.1b2 from www.python.org
#2:  Download MySQL-python-0.3.5-win32-1.zip (from
http://home.t-online.de/home/err666/)
#3: Install Python
#4: unzip MySQL-python-0.3.5-win32-1.zip to a dir of you choice
#5: modify setup.py (in the mysql module dir), so that the win32 section
reflects you installation of mysql paths
#6: in DOS prompt run: python setup.py install
#7: if you had no errors in step 6:
      start python command prompt and type: import MySQLdb
      if you see no tracback, you are OK
At least this is how it woeked for me.
I also tested the connection from Apache. Worked fine.

Thanks again Gerhard
Zenon

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:slrn9csrpb.dif.gerhard.nospam at lilith.hqd-internal...
> You got the MySQLdb distribution from my homepage? I have wasted too much
of my
> time yesterday with MySQLdb and ActiveState's Python build. Get the
standard
> Python build from www.python.org. If you need COM support for Windows or
want
> the PythonWin IDE, get and install the win32all package from ActiveState.
With