do...until wisdom needed...

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Apr 18 14:00:50 EDT 2001

Paul Prescod <paulp at ActiveState.com> writes:
> And if some smart people can use hygenic macros to make Python code that
> is more maintainable or readable, why should they be disallowed? Python

I'm increasingly opposed to new Python features, but I'm still not
ruling out the idea of hygenic macros.  Their presence might remove
the pressure to add new features, which would mean the language core
would be that more stable.  I expect it's very difficult to provide a
simple interface for them in Python, though, because the syntax, and
the resulting parse trees, are more complicated and less regular than
in Lisp; maybe I'm just pessimistic, though.

--amk