bzip2 extension exist for python?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Sun Apr 1 16:32:59 EDT 2001

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 19:27:08 GMT, kno at jtan.com (Matt Dunford) wrote:

> Does Python have a bzip2 extension?  I'm looking for something that
> resembles the functionality of the gzip module.
>
> If so, any info on it would be much appreciated.  If not, I'd like to
> try my hand at writing such an extension.  ;-)

You shouldn't worry about idiotic things like bzip2, when superior
technologies like lzip (http://lzip.sourceforge.net). I am now working
on a reimplementation of lzip in Python, since I feel the current lzip
code base is too messy to use. Expect updates!
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,