daemons and GUIs Oh my

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Fri Apr 6 16:30:11 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I have a function that daemonizes itself. When called in a
command line environment everything works the way I would like
it to--It detaches itself from the console and runs in the
background until killed. However, when called from a button
in a GUI, things quickly get beyond my understanding of what's
going on.

When I call the same function from a button in Tkinter, the
programme still detaches itself from the console, an as
expected, but not welcomed, the GUI quits functioning until I
kill the process.

So, How do I call a process that going to be a daemon, and yet
maintain control of my GUI?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.          <><       (503) 246-3630