If you want X, you know where to find it (was Re: do...until wisdom needed...)

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Apr 17 22:58:05 EDT 2001

[Douglas Alan]
> Of course, of the hygenic kind.  I'm not a barbarian.  But hygenic
> *and* procedural.  Not the annoying kind that they added to Scheme.

Write a PEP!  Spell out what it would look like, how it would work, and give
cool examples.  This meta-discussion is going nowhere -- except, of course,
down the toilet.

In the very early days Guido tried to dream up "a Pythonic way" to allow
user-definable constructs, but reported he discovered he had more pressing
things to get done.  So if you have a concrete idea in mind, I don't think
it's necessarily a non-starter.  Well, it is a non-starter if the string
"macro" appears in what you *call* it <0.23 wink>.