ActiveState going the wrong way

Paweł Stołowski pawelstol at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Apr 11 12:50:52 EDT 2001

costas at meezon.com wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:24:43 -0600, "bowman" <bowman at montana.com>
> wrote:
> Can gVim do the following?
>
> a) Have autocompletion / intellisense in the editor.
It is not probably 100% what you mean, but there is autocompletion in
Vim. Just press CTRL-N or CTRL-P (several times if needed).

> b) Have a built in debugger
This is probably one thing that vim misses, but as I've never needed
such feature, I can't tell you more. If I wanted to debug compiled
applications, I would use gdb on the 2nd console (under Linux of
course ;))

> c) A console to execute ad-hoc commands.
There is no problem. Just type:
:!your_command

> Where can i check it out?
Start reading Vim docs. Type :help. And remember that you may also
navigate with CTRL-] (follow link) and CTRL-t (go back).

I've been using Vim as my IDE for C/C++, Perl, Python and shell scripts
for several months now and I think it just rocks. No better solution.

Greetings,

yogin