Revised Python job survey

Joseph Santaniello someone at _no-spam_arbitrary.org
Sun Apr 29 17:49:27 EDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 at 11:59, James Logajan wrote:

> Joseph Santaniello wrote:
> [...]
> > remain anonymous, I have taken the suggestion given and have created a
> > web-version:
> >
> > http://www.arbitrary.org/survey/
> >
> > Thanks for participating. My original post wasn't meant to be some sort of
> > sneaky scheme. It was just poorly thought out.
>
> You won't get a statistically useful response, but for fun perhaps you could
> post some results in a week, or put up another web page that automatically
> produces ongoing summary statistics. (Eliding e-mail addresses and other too
> specific information).

I'm not even interested in statistically accurate info. All I want to be
able to say is "I got 10 apparently well-qualified people on
comp.lang.python say they would consider moving to LA for the right
money." So management knows that I'm not the only person on this planet
who uses Python, and that there exist possibilities for the company even
if I get hit by a bus.

Right now the form just emails me, but as you suggest it would be fun to
have some online stats. If I get around to it I might do that, but at the
very least I'll post a summary of the results after a few days.

Thanks for the reply.

Joseph