RS232 module

Oliver Vecernik vecernik at aon.at
Wed Apr 25 13:50:27 EDT 2001

Oliver Vecernik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to write some SW communicating via RS232. I'm used to do it on
> Windows via MSCOMM32. But the new app should run under Linux as well. My
> question is how this is done. Is there a portable way to communicate via
> serial ports? Are there any samples available?

Obviously there is no portable solution, because I didn't receive any
feedback. Meanwhile I was playing with MSCOMM and everthing worked as
expected under Windows, but how for example is the port configured
(baudrate, handshake, ...) under Linux. I can't believe that there is no
robust module for that! Can anyone give me a hint?

Regards,
Oliver