Know of Substantial Apps Written in Python?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 11 01:24:42 EDT 2001

Dry Ice <nomail at nomail.com> wrote:

> programmers and the results begin to show fatigue.
> Slick as Java is, for example, I have found the
> real-world results of which I'm aware so far to
> be troubling in the Windows environment.  Still
> evaluating, but it does not look good.

> What "substantial" is might be defined in terms
> of project length.  Perhaps something which would
> take a good programmer several months.

In that case Kura qualifies: it's about 20.000 lines
of Python (including a few thousand lines generated
by the gui builder) and it took me about two years
(and one complete rewrite). I'm still working on it,
for that matter. One thing that helps enormously is
that I can still understand the code after having left
it for a month or so. http://www.valdyas.org/linguistics.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org