Can zope do this?

FunkyTritone mestesso100 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 01:57:23 EDT 2001

Sorry if this is off topic, I couldn't find a zope specific ng.

I'm learning Zope these days, and I'd like to put up a server with
it, but before I invest time and money I'd like to know if Zope
is the correct tool for what I'm trying to do:
I'm trying to semplify the creation of "standard" company sites.
With standard I mean the they need a subset of the usual services
(news, catalogs, user registration). The PHP + MySQL solution works
fine but it takes too much time to build everthing. And using
Zope I could use their wonderful admin as back office.
So I'd like to create with zope these services (catalog, ...),
and somehow create the new site putting all these pieces together,
and giving the site administrator (the one who controls the site
contents) some specific access (to insert new products, etc..) to the zope admin.

Can it be done? Is a good idea giving the site admin some access to
the zope admin? Or should I build some back office interface from
scratch? (I'd love to use Zope's admin, it's just wonderful)

How many sites do you think I could serve from such a Zope server
(usually small sites, few megs of data, around 1000 hits a day)?

Any answers will be really appreciated!

Thanks :-)

Giovanni