Is it new style or just lack of style?

Roman Suzi rnd at
Fri Aug 3 08:12:08 CEST 2001

More and more I am starting to see people adding extra
blanks in ( ).

Recent example (from Steven's post):

def Files( start ):
        for file in listdir( start ):
                file = path.join( start, file )
                if path.isfile( file ): yield file
                elif path.isdir(file):
                        for more in Files( file ):
                                yield more

Is it new style?  I am sure this contradicts Python Style
Guide, but where from this new style appeared? I saw Java programs
with the same ugly padding...

And what about:

class E :

It is not right style too...

Any ideas?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at _/
_/ Friday, August 03, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/
_/ "MACINTOSH - Most Apps Crash, If Not, Then Operating System Hangs" _/