Python Job Posting: Boston, MA

Roger Burnham rburnham at cri-inc.com
Mon Aug 6 12:41:35 EDT 2001

Cambridge Research & Instrumentation, Inc. (Boston, MA, USA)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER/Working Supervisor

CRi's Instrument Division is looking for a highly competent, self-motivated
software engineer to lead and contribute to our growing and results-driven
software team in the design and development of our technically-advanced,
high-performance biotech and spectral imaging products.

Our ideal candidate will have a B.S./M.S. in a technical discipline, such as
Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics,
with the following requirements:

*) 5+ years hands-on experience developing robust software products in all phases
from requirements and design to coding.

*) Extensive experience and proficiency in Python and C/C++.

*) 2+ years technical team leadership with strong cross-functional communication
skills

*) Proven track record of architectural experience

*) Ability to communicate with scientists to implement needed algorithms.

*) Must have Windows or Unix experience, both is a plus

*) Experience in real-time instrument control and data acquisition.

In addition to proven experience with the requirements listed in the above
description, a knowledge of and/or interest in biotech instrumentation would be
an added plus.

CRi is a fast-growing pre-IPO company with divisions focused on biotech
instrumentation and telecom components, modules, and instruments. Our innovative
instrument products are primarily based on state-of-the-art tunable liquid
crystal devices that we manufacture.  We offer a stimulating and challenging work
environment, competitive salary and benefits package, including stock options,
incentive bonuses and a company-matched 401(k).

Please submit applications to Mary Ann Ryan at MRyan at cri-inc.com. For further
information on CRI, visit www.cri-inc.com

phone: (888) 372-1242
fax:   (781) 935-3388