Newbie Question About Python

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Aug 23 09:52:49 EDT 2001

"Fumari" <Fumari at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3B84C21B.5080 at yahoo.com...
> Ive been starting to learn Python by looking over some tuts linked from
> the offical site.  Now it seems to me Python is like perl as in the
> system must have perl installed in order to run the program? is this
> correct, in python you right out the code then command line it?  Is
> there a way to make an exe file?

Sure, although of course it's quite an advanced task (I
would never suggest a newbie to attempt it!-), see
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/ for example.

Python has a wonderful file of Frequently Asked Question (FAQ),
by the way, and this is definitely one of them.  See e.g.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq04.028.htp
for your specific question, and
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=all to get the
whole FAQ file to read on your machine.