Newbie Question About Python

Alex Martelli aleax at
Thu Aug 23 15:52:49 CEST 2001

"Fumari" <Fumari at> wrote in message news:3B84C21B.5080 at
> Ive been starting to learn Python by looking over some tuts linked from
> the offical site.  Now it seems to me Python is like perl as in the
> system must have perl installed in order to run the program? is this
> correct, in python you right out the code then command line it?  Is
> there a way to make an exe file?

Sure, although of course it's quite an advanced task (I
would never suggest a newbie to attempt it!-), see for example.

Python has a wonderful file of Frequently Asked Question (FAQ),
by the way, and this is definitely one of them.  See e.g.
for your specific question, and to get the
whole FAQ file to read on your machine.