Copy constructors

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Mon Aug 13 00:52:38 EDT 2001

"Glyph Lefkowitz" <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote in message
> Let me underscore this once, and put it in the terms I think of it in:
> with these changes, you will be introducing the worst design error of C++
> into Python.  Indeed, the _central_ problem with C++ is that it always
> prefers efficiency over dynamism, even in its so-called "high level"
> features.

I strongly disagree here.  Quite aside from the efficiency issue, C++'s lack
of dynamism is a feature, not a bug.  (This does not change the fact that
C++ is an unholy mess.)  Such a feature would not be appropriate for Python,
however.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com