MS Windows COM error - access denied

jim.vickroy jim.vickroy at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 27 11:28:14 EDT 2001

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried dcomcnfg.exe, but that did not fix the "access denied" error;
perhaps because I'm not using DCOM at this point.  For the present, all
this is happening on a single machine.

As for security settings and access permissions, that sounds promising.
I poked around a little in the Component Services interface under
Administrative Tools, but I really do not know what I'm doing or even if
this is the right place.  Any suggestions on how I can come up to speed
on these types of issues?

Thanks again.