Installing MySQL-python-0.9.0.tar.gz

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Aug 3 15:13:29 EDT 2001

Andrey Revyakin wrote:

> I am a newbie and I don't have any experience with instaling modules. I
> attepmted  to install the MySQL-python-0.9.0.tar.gz package on a Darwin
> machine. I set all paths correctly, but when I try to install it says
> that it's unable to locate the Python.h file. What is this file and
> where should it be?

To wire the C-extension module into Python code, the C code needs access to
some of the Python internals.  When installing/compiling C-extension
modules (like most DB interfaces), you'll need to have the Python sources
or at least the header files if there is a distribution that packages the
headers separate from the source (like Red Hat's RPMs does).

---Tom