Deposing Dictactors

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 20:41:31 EDT 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:33:41 -0700, Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:

>> We ...  don't really therefor have a right to dictate its direction.

>Everyone has the right to do whatever *they* want to with Python, except
>that after they do so, Guido has the right to decide whether it can still be
>called Python.

Of course all this is true, and to me: obvious. What I was personally objecting
to was this notion that anyone has the right to _dictate_ what the open source
developers do. If they want that, they can damn well start their _own_ open
source development project. Starting with Python source, if they feel they're
so good they can get their version of a language to a popular level.

C//