bsddb for simple database [very basic]

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Sun Aug 26 18:28:22 EDT 2001

On 26 Aug 2001, Artur Skura wrote:

> I need very simple database functionality for a weblog.
>
>  [snip]
>
> etc, I will just have standard dictionary pairs, with strings.
> I need records. How do I do that?
>
> Is there a document describing bsddb Python interface in more detail than
> the few words in the documentation?
>
> Regards,
> Artur

>From the bsddb docs:

"Keys and values must be strings, however, so to use other objects as keys or
to store other kinds of objects the user must serialize them somehow,
typically using marshal.dumps or pickle.dumps."

You wanted very simple database functionality, you found it. Anything more
complex is up to you.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>