wxPython Or Tkinter Advise PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Clive Page cgp at nospam.le.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 05:28:45 EDT 2001

In article <3B79632D.A06275A1 at home.net>,
Chris Barker  <chrishbarker at home.net> wrote:

>wxPython is under far more active development: new versions come out
>faster that new versions of Python. Personally, I think it is stable
>enought to be part of the standard library now, but it wasn't a couple
>of years ago.

Yes, on Windows, it seems to work as advertised, and it's very good.

>There are a couple of missing elements still: a good interactive Canvas
>being the most obvious, I'm sure there are others.

Some build instructions that an average idiot like me can follow.  I've
even tried the RPMs on Linux, but they don't work either.  This may be a
result of the active development, but some pointer to a stable version
which works seems essential.

(to be fair, wx has a
>number of nice high level widgets that TK doesn't, most notably the
>wxGrid)

Agree, this is really useful, and works fine.

Clive Page   cgp at le.ac.uk