CGI: Run Script then load page

Lang bob at tharin.com
Sun Aug 5 00:41:11 EDT 2001

Any cgi/web person out there,

I wrote a couple cgi scripts that I use to manage a database.  When I
send changes through a form, it calls a script that makes the database
commit.  Once it is done with the commit, it prints out a return
button (that's all that shows up on the page) which needs to be pushed
to return to the main page.  How do I call the script, run the commit,
and then return to a given URL as one step instead of two?

I think that this is pretty basic, but I can't find an answer.
Thanks.

-Lang