ANN: a new utility for Python developers

Thomas NoSpam at
Sat Aug 18 02:13:22 CEST 2001

>     tom> PySpy does run-time visualization and analysis of Python
>     tom> Warning in advance - currently this only runs on Windows.
> Looks very interesting.  Is there anything that makes it fundamentally
> Windows-specific?

Where possible I tried to make it cross-platform (the GUI is wxWindows), but
I did use a couple of platform specific calls:

- For timing, the clock() call in the windows CRT yields rather innacurate
data, so I had to use a Win32 call.
- For routing data between processes I used pipes, which I created with
Win32 calls.