mapping a method to a list?

gyromagnetic at excite.com gyromagnetic at excite.com
Wed Aug 8 15:48:39 EDT 2001

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I was aware of the list comprehesions solution. In fact, I almost put
that in my note as one way I knew of to solve the problem. That type
of solution would certainly suffice for the example I gave. I guess I
was looking for some more general information about the capabilities
of map.

The solution using the lambda form that Just and Steve suggested was,
I guess, what I was looking for. However, I thought there might be
some special symbol prepended to the method that would indicate that
the method was to be applied to each of the items in the list;  I
chose the (apparently confusing) symbol '?'.

-Brad