Pmw -- for password entry how do I get it to echo *

Jerry Gitomer jgitomer at erols.com
Wed Aug 1 23:59:05 EDT 2001

        I am building an application using the Pmw widget set and can't
figure out how to do what show = '*' does for the plain vanilla
Tkinter Entry widget.  I don't want to use plain Tkinter for
three reasons; 1) because I can't figure out who to set it up so
that focus in the userid/password dialog widget can be
automatic, i.e. no mouse movement required, 2) I don't know how
to get the dialog widget positioned where I want it on the
screen, and 3) I can't get rid of "the ghost dialog box" that is
so generously :-) displayed on my screen.

--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one