curses? (was: Handling more than one request on a socket)

Jeff Grimmett grimmtoothtoo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 21:49:14 EDT 2001

Thanks to all for the suggestions, problem (mostly) solved and on to
other things.

With a working telnet connection, I need to attach an interpreter. I
had read the docs lightly for the cmd module and it looked like just
the ticket. Unfortunately, it appears to be bound to sdtio without
some tinkering.

I didn't want to fuss with curses, but it looked like the quickest way
to the goal.  Imagine my suprise when the script told me that curses
didn't exist! I double checked the lib directory and it sure isn't
there.

The docs make no mention of this being a *nix-only library but it's
starting to look that way.  Is that the case or does it reside as an
add-on somewhere?

I have the framework for a command line interpreter at my diposal but
really wanted to avoid reinventing the wheel here...