Progress on missing features?

Dinu Gherman dinu at reportlab.com
Tue Aug 14 14:44:55 EDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:46:43 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com>
wrote:

>>  - class methods
>
>>The first two could be considered quite important for ma-
>>king the language more complete in terms of object orien-
>>tation.
>
>If you reframe your thinking and do module-level methods instead,
>treating a module as an object, you will have achieved everything
>here that you ever need to achieve with a class method.

That sounds like a lot of people need to spend a lot of
time to think how to implement something that is more or
less a straightforward concept in other OO languages in
Python.

I don't doubt a second class methods can be faked that
way in Python, but I doubt this could be advertised as
the best way to do it, just because it is pretty far away
from "traditional" OO thinking. It might be the best one
today, but it feels more like a hack than being the proper
solution, doesn't it?

Maybe I'm too radical, but I only try to argue for making
something conceptually easy also easy to use rather than
only by thinking-around-the-corner.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman