python-dev summary, July 16-31

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Tue Aug 7 15:26:01 EDT 2001

Not paying attention to the headers, I first replied to c.l.py.a to
have my posting sent of to some moderator. So let me retry in case the
other doesn't make it into c.l.py.

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> As usual I'm writing up an explanation of the changes in 2.2:
> 	http://www.amk.ca/python/2.2/

Thanks for making such nice overviews, I always check them out to see
how beatifull the next Python is going to be.

But on this explanatory page I was a bit surprised in your treatment of
the iter protocol regarding dictionaries. It lumbed together both uses
of in, the __contains__() version and the next() one.  The fact that
"key in dict" is now equivalent to "dict.has_key(key)" has nothing to
do with the iterability of dicts, at least that's what I've understood
sofar.

--
groetjes, carel