Python version coexistence on WIndows

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Tue Aug 7 14:01:22 EDT 2001

Can someone give me advice on how to have several versions of Python
coexist nicely on a Windows box?  Or to be mnore precise, how can I
install a new experimental version of Python without messing up my
existing working setup?

I haven't felt motivated to do this on a Windows box previously and
it's really no problem on UNIX and cousins which is where I've done
this kind of stuff before.

But things change, so I'm working more on Win2k at the moment... I
installed 2.2a1 and the installer updated all the registry entries to
say that was the current version, and I had to go fiddle by hand to
set it back so that the default (file associations and other things)
was 2.1.  Is there a better way?  Looks like this release cycle I'm
going to be trying out new things as soon as the alphas and betas
release and it would be nice to avoid the hassle.

Mats

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)