question about Sandboxing.

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Fri Aug 10 22:34:47 EDT 2001

"Surial" <surial at crosswinds.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.15de957b96d43b0e989691 at rider...
> In java, you have 2 features which AFAIK are not available in Python,
> which I always assumed to be required for sandboxing:
>
> 'final':
> 'private':

> How are these points addressed in RExec? (Python's
> sandboxing environment, as I've read).

As I understand it, 'rexec' is only safe if you don't pass in any unsafe
objects.  Classes, functions, and class instances are all generally unsafe.
What you need is 'Bastion', which (as I understand it) is a safe wrapper
around an unsafe object.  I assume 'Bastion' is implemented as a C extension
type, which gives it data hiding capabilities that Python class instances
don't have.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com