wxPython Or Tkinter Advise PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Clive Page cgp at nospam.le.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 05:32:43 EDT 2001

In article <m4ielqeqlne.fsf at macquarie.com.au>,
Timothy Docker  <timd at macquarie.com.au> wrote:
>It works fine on Solaris, with bit of autoconf/makefile tweaking (I
>didn't have to change a single line of code though).

I gave up after a couple of days of tweaking. I've since found out (I
think) that I need to make sure that the wxGTK and wxPython versions are
identical, and use gmake everwhere where it tells you to use make.   But I
found it hard to work out which compiler to use, i.e. C or C++, and gnu or
Sun's own.   I guess I still haven't exhausted all the possibilities, I
just exhausted my own patience.

Even Python itself doesn't compile out of the box on Solaris using gcc,
only using Sun's cc, which is rather a pity.

Clive Page   cgp at le.ac.uk