Clearing The Interactive Python Environment

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Aug 9 14:07:56 EDT 2001

chajadan wrote:

> I too would like to know how to do this. I don't want to have to
> restart PyWin each time I have made changes to certain things.
>
> say for example I change a module and want to reload it, but imported
> it thus:
>
> from my_module import *
>
> How do I reload the * from my_module?
>
> Right now I just close and restart.

Of course, recommended procedure is to avoid using ' from module import *
' on anything other than stable modules that are designed for this usage
(e.g., Tkinter, wxPython, etc...)  If you're making frequent changes to a
module, it's probably safer to use the standard import module and
module.attr syntax.  Among other things, this makes it much easier to
reload your changes.  :)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International