FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Thu Aug 2 02:18:10 EDT 2001

"Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> wrote:

> > As the first argument can immediately signify a class method if the
> > same name is used by everybody it would be nice if an uncontentious
> > name popped up.
>
> How about meta?

Wrong level.

We are talking about a class not a meta class in this context. Now the
class is an instance of some meta class -- I would surely be confused
if it was called `meta`.

Albert Langer's suggestion looked much more promising to me:

def method(class self, param1,...):
def method(class class self, param1,...): ### here `meta` would be right

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36