Python & IRC : Is it a fantasy or reality

Relfx relfx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 15:38:47 EDT 2001

I'm not sure how many of you saw someo f my earlier posts a couple of weeks
ago about wanting to make a irc client with python. I have taken a look at a
few sites and tried ot find as much info on asynchronous modules and
asynchat but the documentation is that good.

    As for other windows irc clients it doesn't seem theywant to have
anything to do with it. Is python fading away or something? Why is it so
hard to get some help on making a simple irc client for windows 98 that i
can use to make scripts using python's programming language. Everywhere i
turn I see people talking about MIRC and it's unique scripting language. I
find python very intersting and I would like to have a irc client for
windows 98-2000 so that I can progress more efficiently.

   If there are any people out there that are willing to help me and give
something to the open source world please let me read your views on this. So
that I may know if all this is possible and how long would it take for this
idea of mines to become a reality.