Facilities Management software

Bart Bartels Bart.Bartels at vu.edu.au
Fri Aug 17 21:27:10 EDT 2001

G'Day

I work for a University in its Facilities Management department.  I am
looking for any Facilities Management software projects that I may be
able to test or help develop.  The only restrictions I have is that we
are MS Windows based and the $ cost has to be 0.

I believe that browser based is the logical way to go as 99% of people
have access to this sort of software and they can usually drive it
reasonably well.

I have posted an amended version of this on alt.comp.opensource and
alt.building.engineering.  I believe though, that a python and/or jython
based project has most potential.  My level of expertise in this
language is very limited but my enthusiasm is way up there.  Hopefully
finding an appropriate project will allow me to develop the expertise.

Can anyone point me toward any such projects/sites?

Thanks

Bart