ANN: Profiler for multi-threaded applications

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamarst at
Wed Aug 29 21:40:41 CEST 2001

I've written a profiler for multi-threaded python programs, based on
some posts I've read suggesting using a profiler object for each thread.
When the program is done the profiler merges the results from all the
profiler objects, and prints results.

$ python

I'm not sure the results are in any way accurate, but it has helped me
finding at least one hot spot I wouldn't have been able to find
otherwise, since it was in a thread (apparently opening files is *very*

Comments are welcome!

Itamar Shtull-Trauring