ANN: Profiler for multi-threaded applications

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamarst at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 15:40:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've written a profiler for multi-threaded python programs, based on
some posts I've read suggesting using a profiler object for each thread.
When the program is done the profiler merges the results from all the
profiler objects, and prints results.

Usage:
$ python threaded_profile.py yourapp.py

I'm not sure the results are in any way accurate, but it has helped me
finding at least one hot spot I wouldn't have been able to find
otherwise, since it was in a thread (apparently opening files is *very*
expensive.)

Comments are welcome!

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring