A survey of Python IDEs - Summary (Long)

Boudewijn Rempt boudewijn at tryllian.com
Mon Aug 27 07:13:50 EDT 2001

Alan Green wrote:

> Boudewijn Rempt has an article about Python IDEs at InformIT
> (<http://www.informit.com> Search for 'Boudewijn'. Free registration
> required.) It was posted last November, and things seem to have moved on a
> bit since then. Never-the-less, a good starting point if you want to know
> what to look for in
> an IDE.  Boudewijn said he will be updating the article "shortly". There
> were 4 products reviewed last time, will there be 14 products reviewed
> this time? <cheeky grin>

No, just two - Komodo and BlackAdder. It will be published at 9/10 (don't
know whether September 10th or October 9th was meant) - but bear in mind
that the article was written in May...

As for my personal preferences - since I was forced to learn XEmacs around
March, I've grown accustomed to it, and use it for Python, C++, Java, sgml
and html editing... And I do start Qt Designer from XEmacs to design dialog
windows ;-).

--
Boudewijn | http://www.valdyas.org