How to refresh a page after urlretrive

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Aug 7 16:16:32 EDT 2001

On 7 Aug 2001, Samir Patel wrote:

>Friends,
>  I used urlretrieve() to retrieve a page which contains unique
>session id. After processing this page, I did urlcleanup() and call
>urlretrieve() again and unfortunately I am getting same page. If I
>refresh that page through browser (Konqueror or ie doesn't matter), if
>does bring new page. Also if I wait for about 15 minutes or so, and
>call urlretrieve() again, I am getting a new session id. Can somebody
>suggest me what I am missing?
>  Thanks in advance.

Maybe you need to delete file on disk with the page?

   urlretrieve (url[, filename[, hook]])
          Copy a network object denoted by a URL to a local file, if
          necessary. If the URL points to a local file, or a valid cached
          copy of the object exists, the object is not copied. Return a
          tuple (filename, headers) where filename is the local file name

Or maybe you are using proxy?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, August 07, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/