PyQt binary for Windows....but?

Dincer Aydin dinceraydin at
Tue Aug 14 11:20:56 CEST 2001

VC6 is needed for C++ development with QT. pyQT has a binary version
for the non-commercial QT. The installer file is (4.4 MB). The
non-commercial QT installer is at
(10.8 MB), if you do not have it yet.

After installing QT and pyQT , I tried running some of the pyQT
examples but sip.dll could not be found. I manually put it in the
python21/DLLs directory , and all worked fine.

Also, I noticed a small caveat in the non-comercial QT. The main
window caption always starts with "[Freeware]". I noticed that if the
caption you set up has the letters "Qt" (case sensitive), "[Freeware]"
While not complete, the book at may be worth taking a look.

Dincer Aydin