Need Some WinDoze Help

Bill Bell bill-bell at
Sat Aug 25 21:02:03 CEST 2001

Tim Daneliuk <tundra at> wrote:
> I know Unix much better than Win32, so I need a little help with
> the following please:
> 1) How do I go about finding out which shortcut key combinations
> are currently assigned to which programs/arguments?

Gerson Kurz has already responded to this. However, I can't shake
the impression I had that you were referring to shortcuts of the kind
used on the Windows desktop.

The accepted way of doing this involves interacting with the
Windows Shell as a COM object. For Python code (adapted from
something Mike Fletcher adapted from something written by Mark
Hammond) that might do what you want please write.

> 2) How do I "hook" a particular keystroke combination?  I want to
> be able to load a program and then toggle it from visible to
> invisible using the keystroke combo of choice.

Nevertheless, I'm unaware of any method of doing this that would
provide acceptably quick response other than what Mr Kurz